The deadline for the tender process for phase 1 is 7th May. The tender documents were issued to 5 local companies. They were told that they could do a site visit from the 29th April.
So far there have been two site visits – both on 29th. Maybe the other tenderers will leave it to the last minute or maybe there will submit a quote without having seen the property. Or maybe they won’t submit a quote at all. Who knows at this point.
I have been running the site visits and to make sure that I tell all the tenderers the same things, I have been following a sort of script (see below).
One of the things that I have been doing is using the 3D drawings to show what the finished building will look like. This material was not distributed as part of the tender pack and it is clearly given people a much clearer idea of what the finished building will look like rather than just relying on floor plans alone. I now have the 3D drawings as PDFs and will post some more shortly. I have only had them in paper copy until recently, but did post one here before on the blog based on a scan of a paper copy.
Anyway, here’s my script for the site visit:
· About us
- Me and Jo live in Netherthong
- Me to PM the overall build
- Technical questions to the architect
- Looking for something that suited the way we live
- Traditional on the outside, contemporary inside
· The site
- Extent of the site
- Potential new drive through orchard
- IBA require access at all times
- Potential move in date is April 2014
· Why two phases? Phase one / Phase Two
· Overview of the design
- Renovation of the existing properties – Phase 1
- New extension and refurb of existing – Phase 2
· Tour of the existing buildings
· Unusual things to point out
- King post trusses
- Asphalt flooring
- Potential start dates
- Any issues/questions?