The new orchard is now completely re-planted. 14 new trees have replaced the old ones. We left one tree from the original orchard plus one new tree that we planted two years ago.
The new trees are all planted at least 5m apart providing plenty of space for them to grow as well as enabling us to be able to mow around them easily. It took a little while to work out the planting plan mainly taking into account the two existing trees!
We have planted the following:
- Apple Ribston Pippin Whip (M25)
- Apple Spartan Whip (M25)
- Apple Yorkshire Aromatic Whip (M25)
- Cherry Morello Whip (Avium F-12/1)
- Cherry Stella Whip (Avium F-12/1)
- Pear Conference Whip (seedling pear)
- Pear Doyenne du Comice Whip (seedling pear)
- Plum Victoria (Myrobalan B)
- Apple Ashmeads Kernel Feathered (M25)
- Apple Blenheim Orange Whip (M25)
- Apple Newton Wonder Feathered (M25)
- Apple Michaelmas Red Feathered (M25)
- Damson Merryweather Whip (Myrobalan B)
- Plum Anna Spath Whip (Myrobalan B)
These are in addition to two existing trees:
- Quince tree planted 2 years ago
- Plum Victoria – the only tree left from the original orchard.
All f the new new trees came from RV Roger’s nursery based in Pickering, North Yorkshire.