HD9 Construction, the Phase 1 builders, have started to arrive. Some materials and a cement mixer are now stacked in the rear field.
The final bit of fencing has been removed from the rear garden. There was some old corrugated steel sheets leaning up against the fence, but that went to the scrapyard yesterday.
The gas log fire was removed yesterday as well. Although it uses a stainless steel flue, it would appear that the chimney was not swept before the gas fire was fitted. As a result, I got covered in soot when I removed the fire. I had a bit of a “sense of humour failure”. We will put the fire on Ebay in due course. It is better than putting it in the skip.
Later in the day, I went to see our neighbour to let her know that the building work is going to start next week. Top tip – look in the mirror after you have been removing a gas fire – it was covered in soot and I only realised when I got home at the end of the day. Goodness what our neighbour thought!